Title: How to Win Friends and Influence People
Author: Dale Carnegie
Cover artist: photo
Yours for: $6
Best things about this cover:
- LOVE the individualized book count number up top (in red). You can see that my copy (beat to hell) is the 26th printing–first printing was just three years earlier.
- This guy looks like a tool. A smug tool. Also, how are his glasses staying on his face?
Best things about this back cover:
- Sorry about the (considerable) soilage.
- This book apparently succeeded by preying on people's (massive) insecurities. There should be some caveat somewhere indicating exceptions for people who are just plain assholes. No amount of book is gonna get that out.
- I love how unrepentantly practical this book is—as if success were simply a recipe.
While we have been waiting for you, Mr. Eastman, I have been admiring your office. I wouldn't mind working myself if I had a room like this to work in. You know I am in the interior-woodworking business myself, and I never saw a more beautiful office in all my life.
This is evidently from the section on Advanced Ass-Kissing.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]