Author: Frederic Loom, M.D.
Cover artist: Stanley Meltzoff
Yours for: not for sale
- "What's the matter, doctor? Do my boobs ... frighten you?" "Er, I'll just put the stethoscope ... uh ... here, or ..." "Be a man!"
- "Normally, patients sit down for this exam. Also, normally they don't wear wedding dresses to the exam."
- This book should be called "What the Gigantic Brass Door Handle Knows"
- "My world has revolved around sex as a pivot" — "... as a pivot"?? That's redundant *and* stupid.
- "Frank!" I love when paperbacks get "frank." That means people are gonna do it in some non-marital and possibly non-missionary way.
- Clifton Fadiman shows off his mad (mad mad mad) blurbing skills, while the Dayton News tries, and fails, to make up an adjective.
- "From the young wife to the woman of 50" — All the way to 50!? Way to push the envelope, guys.
"Don't do it!" she cried when she could speak coherently. "Please let me have my baby now. I don't want to have a Brazilian soldier!"
"Brazilian soldier" being, of course, code for some fairly serious pre-delivery waxing.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]