Title: Cycle Fury
Author: Reggie Car
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: $20
Best things about this cover:
- They don't look very "frenzied." They look pretty laid back. I mean, that one dude us calmly enjoying a smoke. Also, it appears he bought his kelly green Nazi t-shirt at Old Navy. Old German Navy.
- Take away the Nazi paraphernalia and the bike and put him next to Annie Lennox and the guy in the foreground really looks like Dave Stewart from Eurythmics.
- That girl's outfit is kind of cute.
- Is that a *black* Nazi biker in the background??? This must be from some future time when the Nazis get big into the idea of diversity.
Best things about this back cover:
- Given the front cover, I would not have expected whatever kind of abstract painting is going on up top there on the back cover. The subtle interplays of blue and gray do not exactly scream "lust-crazed motorcycle gang!"
- There's really no reason for type this tiny.
- "Zipper Hardy" — is there a pun in there that I'm missing? Also, I think his description is missing a dash between "mob" and "and"...
- "Ham!" That's the name of the "giant Negro!?" Oh, that's not racist at all.
- If you merged "Cycle Fury" and the musical "Cats" into yet another musical, "Cycle Cats," I would be first in line to see it.
- This back cover has the word "pedagogical" on it!!!!! I thought only academics who think the word "teaching" is too declassé used variations on the word "pedagogy." Now it appears those academics and trashy novels about Nazi bikers have something in common. Did Not see that coming.
Then she remembered the aphrodisiacally-centered cigarette she had shared with him.
I literally cannot pronounce "aphrodisiacally."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]