Title: Solar Lottery / The Big Jump
Authors: Philip K. Dick / Leigh Brackett
Cover artist: Ed Valigursky / Robert Schulz
Yours for: $80
- In space, dodgeball Really sucks
- In space, they like to get high on nitrous and throw shit at stray Star Trek characters.
- First prize was the Earth itself! Second prize: a set of steak knives. Third prize: you're fired.
- Philip K. Dick. Paperback original. Word.
- God likes to apply his eyeliner with rocket ships.
- Hate this cover, but Leigh Brackett is one of the greatest pulp/scifi authors that time forgot.
Page 123 of "Solar Lottery"~
"I'll stop him," Wakeman repeated. "Some way, somehow."
"Between drinks, maybe." Rita halted for a moment to tie the laces on her boots, and then she disappeared down a descent ramp toward Cartwright's private quarters. She didn't look back.
Whoa, Rita. Nice burn.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]