Title: Strumpets' Jungle // Any Man's Plaything
Authors: Sloane Britain // Rubel (HA ha, one name, like Collette, or Ludacris)
Cover artists: Robert Bonfils // Robert Bonfils
Yours for: $40
Best things about the "Strumpets' Jungle" cover:
- One of the craziest covers I own. First of all, full frontal female nudity? They cover the nipples with a narrow tree branch, but leave the crotch wide open!? Is the dark patch hair? Or does she shave and that's just a shadow? These tree lesbians are wild!
- Second, tree lesbians?
- I find this cover incredibly creepy, as it reminds me of nothing so much as the crucifixion. There's Jesus lesbian, and then Thief #1 lesbian over there, and then ... I guess the Thief #2 lesbian is off-screen. Really horrifying. Or else they are being eaten by tree creatures (Ents?) who really love voluptuous lesbians. Or else this is some sylvan lesbian sex rite that my lesbian friends have somehow never told me about.
- I'm no ecosystem expert, but that doesn't look like a "jungle."
- And in case you didn't know, "3rd Sex" = homosex...ual
Best things about the "Any Man's Plaything" cover:
- She is antithesis of women on the other cover, as she is wearing panties *and* concealing her pubic region with her hands.
- There's nothing very "shocking" looking about this cover. Pretty girl in her underwear, not letting you peek at her crotch. Only the shoes suggest she has anything on her mind besides shutting the door on you and getting some rest. All I know about her is that she has very good balance.
Page 123 of "Strumpets' Jungle"~
"Paula, I don't understand. What were they ...?"
"Never mind that for now," I said. "We've got to get to our classrooms."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]