Title: I Fear You Not
Author: Ben Kerr (pseud. of William Ard)
Cover artist: Uncredited
Yours for: Not For Sale
Best things about this cover:
- "C'mon, this is prime lady flesh. At $4.95 / lb. ... you're not gonna get a better price than that!"
- "Take My Wife... seriously, take her, she's drivin' me and my pal Barney here nuts!"
- "Hi, Steve? I'm just calling you from my bubble bath to tell you that I fear you not, OK? OK, bye."
- *He Bought Cops The Way He Bought Women ... With A Nice Dinner And A Little Sweet Talk*
- "Down I Go," HA ha.
- The exclamation point motif (continued, in spades, on the back cover) is Exquisite.
Best things about this back cover:
- Poor Rita: "Ok, I've got on a sweater, parka, overcoat, headscarf ... so how 'bout now?" "Nope, sorry, you still look naked." "Damn it!" "Maybe tweed will work. Try tweed."
- Poor Paul: It's hard to come out to your mom, on the phone, in the '50s.
- Poor Gloria: She just looks really, really stupid.
He watched dispassionately as her shadowy figure gathered up clothes and put them on. It was a lithe young figure, a pleasure to watch in motion, but its bloom was aborning."Easy on the thesaurus work there, Yeats. "Aborning?!" As in "Your writing is 'aborning' me to tears?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]