Author: Carson McCullers
Cover artist: Mitchell Hooks
Yours for: $9
- ... in which an Amazon thrashes a little hunchback with a whip, a young Army private steals a heap of seatbelts from Abe Lincoln and Harry Truman, and Old Joe McGuffin asks Joey if he's ever been in a Turkish prison.
- Never was a big fan of the multi-scene cover — too much going on, all the art gets short shrift.
- "A fourth-dimensional quality" — so ... it's a book about time travel, then? Awesome.
- "... the tempestuous seas of human living" — yeesh, dial it back, Cap'n Foley.
- "Troubling of a Star" is a terrrrrrible title. Why not just call it "The Troubling Star" or "Star Trouble" or "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or something?
- New York TIMES (!) gives us perhaps the best one-word review of a book so far: "... ABLE"; that's not a review, that's a suffix.
The child repeated the words, and she repeated them with unbelieving terror. "The tooth tree!"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]