Author: Charlotte Armstrong
Cover artists: Uncredited / Uncredited
Yours for: $9
- Had mainstream cover artists / designers just given up by the mid-60s. I'm seeing a lot of slop lately. What is the concept here? Girl in pink dress running — OK. But then, what, a rough pencil sketch of her shins from a different angle, blown up as a background + random EMT running to check her gigantic left ankle + wee man tickling her right heel??? Maybe the lady in the pink looks so nauseous and is running so fast because she's trying desperately to escape from this cover concept. "Oh god, it's terrible, boo hoo, save me!"
- When Drexel Drake talks, people ... honestly, I don't know what people do. Drexel Drake is a porn name.
- Responsible housewife by day, trashy Cougar by night...
- Love the attire on the women. Also love little miss Bad Seed in her best buggy-riding attire.
- "God, I hate my two moms..."
- That is some supernatural shit that Bad Seed's hair is doing at the tips.
Page 123~ (from Catch-as-Catch-Can)
But she could see. That his hand and arms moved nervously and secretly to thrust the gun into the thick shrub beside which he was standing. He turned his body and wavered like a shadow.
Who let her break that first sentence in two like that?! Jebus! Also, I'm trying to imagine what that last sentence is supposed to look like. And failing.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]