Author: Mary Roberts Rinehart
Cover artist: "Cover design by Push-Pin Studios"
Yours for: $6
- Who runs like that? She looks like she is either shouting "O lawdy lawdy" or preparing to throw a boomerang
- The world's only nonuplets furiously clean the walls of the "Hollywood Squares" set
- This book should have been called "Nine Yellow Rooms Which Are Actually Mostly Orange"
- I haven't laughed this hard at the tag line on a book's back cover in some time.
- After reading this back cover, it appears the tag line *should* have read "A Smell of Rancid Flesh"
- OK, at "... and something else," we know it's a dead body. I was holding out hope that the last word on the cover would be something like "squirrel," "gnome," or "Smurf," but no...
She protested almost wildly, but he did not listen.
What the hell does "almost wildly" look like? What am I supposed to be picturing, Mary? Ugh. Thank god there's just one more MRR book to go. Her writing is unbearable, even in tiny pieces.
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]