Saturday, February 6, 2010

57 Books from the University Book Sale: Book 43

Sorry for the lag between new books ... stupid job with its stupid starting up again ...

Title: Ill Met By Moonlight
Author: Leslie Ford
Cover artist: uncredited

Yours for: $6


  • Ill Met by Moths!
  • Love *everything* about this picture, from the sickly green tint, to the lady's expression (looking at me for help! Sorry lady, you're on your own!), to that hand — remarkably still, creepily calm for being attached to someone who just unleashed serious moth fury.
  • Is this how our "lovely vixen" (uh, a stretch) toys with (one too many) men? "Here, this way, just come into my boudoir ... I know it's dark, just wait, let me get the light and BOOM! Moths moths moths! Ha ha ha, you should see the look on your face... you still wanna do it?"

  • Wait, is this the same "she?" Because it's going to be hard for her to be "found dead" *and* to be toying with men. Unless ... she comes back from the dead as a specter doomed to haunt her former lovers with an unshakable retinue of moths ... yes, that sounds good.

Page 123~

"However, we may be a bit forrarder."


forrarder, adv. chiefly British : further ahead

~RP

[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]

4 comments:

DemetriosX said...

Is it me, or does our cover woman look a little like Hillary Clinton?

Rex Parker said...

This was the prank they played on her first day at the State Dept. "Hello ... is anyone here? ... why are all the lights off? ... I'll just pull this and OH MY GOD! ... oh god, my heart. Oh you @#$%ers are gonna pay."

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I have that book! I bought it at a library book sale. I love the cover.

Alix said...

That simply cannot be our lovely vixen. And what about the hand? That ginormous claw???