Author: Jane Edwards
"Cover design by" [???]: Julio Freire
Yours for: I think I have to give this to my sister
- Guess 1: her chin grew a hand-like appendage
- Guess 2: she bought a hideous shade of lipstick at Woolworth's
- Guess 3: she was drowned in a flood of Depression-colored paint
- Guess 4: an alien life form (part fox, part scorpion) attached itself to her cranium
- Guess 5: she caught sight of herself in the mirror after one of her evil sisters abused her hair in the middle of the night while she was sleeping: "Oh ... boo hoo ... I used to look like Crystal Gale ... sob."
- "Leave her clothes behind"?? — I may have to revise my list of Guesses
"This affair gets more mysterious all the time. The more we find out, the less we know."
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]
PS Thanks to Dan at "The Casual Optimist" for including this site in his list of "10 Websites for Vintage Books, Covers, and Inspiration"