Title: Stairway to an Empty Room (Popular Library, undated — early/mid-60s)
Author: Dolores Hitchens
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: best offer
- Oh, snap!
- Stairway to a massive car interior
- His left hand is Disgusting — like the claw of some mythical, horrifying sea creature
- "They said 'just lift the neck' ... why ain't there no candy comin' out! What good's a life-sized Pez dispenser if it don't put out!?"
- Dolores Hitchens is actually a pretty good writer
- One-armed, bow-legged spy with wide, rectangular wang = interesting logo choice
- "Expertly tautened!" — next time I see a pair of high, firm breasts, I'll know what to say
Biddy's fingers writhed inside Monica's. The hot eyes were frightened and unsure. "You let me alone. You get out of here."
If only that first sentence read "Biddy's fingers writhed inside Monica" — I might be inclined to read it.