Title: Lovers Are Losers
Author: Howard Hunt
Cover artist: Barye Phillips
Yours for: I forget — I'm blogging from CO and forgot to record the $$$ information before I left
Best things about this cover:
- Steve wondered why he'd ever agreed to marry the Bride of Frankenstein.
- Steve became despondent when his new magician's assistant-bride refused to let him have his favorite pillow. "You have to earn it, Steve. Pillows are for closers."
- Sucker Slouch (TM)!
- Her dress is hot from the bow up. From the thighs down, I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Best things about this back cover:
- The head of the monstrous she-bandit bobbed menacingly in the brook.
- That's your "fog of evil?" Really? Looks like a poorly rendered tree trunk.
- The back cover appears to have nothing to do with the front cover, and neither cover appears to want to tell you what the book is really about. Marketing!
"Are we going somewhere?"
"Acapulco, I suppose. Doesn't everyone?"
[Follow Rex Parker on Twitter]