Title: Beat Not the Bones
Author: Charlotte Jay
Cover artist: Uncredited (come on, someone must know this...)
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- Let's start with the title ...
- Because honestly, I'm not sure where to begin ...
- Beat Not the Bones! - for if you do, the Psychedelic South American Tree God will alight on your head with mind-altering fury!
- Revealed!: the secret of soprano Alma Gluck's outstanding voice!
Best things about this back cover:
- "Hair-raising" is not an effective qualifier of or follow-up to "persuasive." I mean, really - how do you en-dash your way from "hair-raising" to "persuasive?" That is nuts, New York Herald Tribune.
- "Proceeding?" It's not a trial. Horrible blurbs! Hey, I have a new blog tag.
- Civilization = innocence = sanity. Nice.
- "Rumors whispered suicide" - yes, when you play it backwards, the American version of Fleetwood Mac's most popular album does just that. And to think, Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne got all the bad press.
"I'm not at all well," he stated. "Fever always put my nerves on edge and those damn Kerema dogs come over and root up all my vegetables."