Title: Witch of SalemAuthor: Benjamin Siegel
Cover artist: A. Sewell (not sure where I got this info ... you can see the initials "A.S." in the bottom left corner)
Yours for: $13
Best things about this cover:
- The trees. I mean, Goody Housewife is very hot and all, even in the Dracula cape, but those trees are something else.
- "The exciting story of a woman ... who was concerned that it might be starting to rain."
- I like that the dying of men and women and the fighting of God and Satan are made to sound like coincidental events. "People were dying everywhere you turned. Meanwhile, at God's house ..."
Best things about this back cover:
- "The children began it" is a horribly ominous sentence. Also, a horrible sentence. "It?" Man, don't make me go back into the previous paragraph looking for the referent.
- "Too young for love" was, I believe, a Frankie Valli song from 1962
"Harboring a witch, she was. Two of them. And mayhap she herself is no innocent, though up to now Abigail has made no charge against her."
"Witch of Salem," by Benjamin Siegel. Additional dialogue provided by Yoda.