Title: The Case of the Haunted Husband
Author: Erle Stanley Gardner
Cover artist: McGinnis or an imitator
Yours for: $8
Best things about this front cover:
- "Well, hello there, Tall, Dark and ... Immaterial."
- I think she is the one being haunted. Not to nitpick, but ...
- "Even after death, Steve was an abusive alcoholic asshole" - seriously, he's totally going to throw that miniscule, undead martini in her face
- I love McGinnis and McGinnis-esque women; I can never tell what age they are - they have young women's bodies, I guess, but there's a maturity to them that is world-wise and dead sexy. Women, not girls.
- This woman, while very hot, has some evolutionary defect, as her right "hand" is clearly some kind of withered, three-fingered claw / lizard appendage.
- The early 60's were all about the Down Arrow! Why, who can forget Paperback 181 ...?
Best things about this back cover:
- Random arm!
- I question the editorial decision to leave back-cover readers with the word "stink" lingering in the air
"Did you examine the steering wheel of the car to see whether there were any traces of lipstick on it?"
Sometimes I like to put lipstick on my steering wheel ... you know, so I'll have someone (imaginary) to talk to on the way to work.