Title: The Night of Long Knives
Author: Max Gallo
Cover artist: Don Punchatz
Yours for: $10
Best things about this cover:
- Way out of my normal collecting time period, but man oh man this cover is astonishing. Super Gothic Horror Nightmare. That heap of contorted flesh is like a composite being - a monster, bleeding to death - though the guys up top kind of look like they're doing yoga
- That Eagle crown looks like it's pinching him a little
Best thing about this back cover:
- "Orgy of blood" - yes, that's what the cover looks like
- This book is non-fiction, it appears, and has interior photos of all kinds of Nazi-esque stuff, though most of it is just guys in overcoats walking from here to there. I guess I'll take boring over gruesome.
- OK, this book is making me feel dirty, so I'm done thinking about it
There's really nothing even remotely funny to quote, so I'm gonna pass. The first sentence I looked at had "Dachau camp" in it, to give you an idea of the material I'm dealing with here.