Title: Bodies Are Where You Find Them
Author: Brett Halliday
Cover artist: Bob McGinnis
Yours for: $7
Best things about this cover:
- Bob, Bob, Bob - why are you hiding her!!?
- The title of this book is so true
- If you Google ["is where you find it"], you'll be shocked at how many different things apply. Short list: Love, Home, Gold, Faith, Fun, Jazz, Art, etc.
- It's actually a very smoky cover, for being awfully short on lady flesh. Dishevelment + those eyes = hot.
- Love the double entendre on "bodies" here
- That Mike Shayne mug is a kind of trademark that appears on nearly all the Dell pbs of Mike Shayne novels. It's a Bob Stanley design, I think
Best things about this back cover:
- Honestly, I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is that the corner of a bedsheet?
- "... lots of money, from way back." Like ... antebellum? Is his wealth all in ducats? Doubloons?
- The only think I like more than an heiress is a "madcap heiress."
- Whoa whoa whoa - that chick on the front cover is dead? If so, that's a cruel, cruel joke.
"Let's just pretend we're invisible," Shayne suggested.