Title: Negative Minus
Author: R.L. Fanthorpe
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $15
Best things about this cover:
- Is "Negative Minus" a thing? I need a math ruling.
- Shouldn't this book just be called "plus?" That, or "The Night I Went Trick-or-Treating Dressed as an Owl and Those Hippies Put LSD in the Candy Corn and The Great Uncle of The Great Gazoo Coaxed Me Into Killing People By Scratching My Nose and Promising Me More Candy Corn..."
Best things about this back cover:
- I believe this write-up was written under the influence of the aforementioned Gazoo juice. It's really vague ... and features a character with the most improbable name of "Stelgen"
- Alpha Centauri?! It's always Alpha Centauri with these people! Pick a new place!
- If "Stelgen" was "born" from a "star," I'm going to barf.
- New title for the book: "Stelgen Was Not a Genius." It would explain a lot about the cover (whichever one of those two folks "Stelgen" is...)
"I've never wanted anything so much," answered Suessydo. "I'm a normal, healthy, red-blooded male, but I've never met any attraction anywhere to equal the power, the pull of that voice. By the eight purple stars of Qoink, I've never heard such melody and such sweetness. By the seven blue dragons of Bfup, there was never such a melody before."
"You are using some strong oaths," returned Suhcolyrue.
"I use them as an expression of strong thoughts," replied the Captain.
I swear to you that none of that is made up. I'm just not that good. And now, inspired by the "Captain's" fantastic name, I leave you with Phil Collins.