Title: Don't Get In My Way
Author: Francis Clippinger
Cover artist: uncredited
Yours for: $11
Best things about this cover:
- Mixed messages: "Uh, lady, I'd be happy to get out of your way if you'd just let go."
- Yellow jumpsuit! If this is indeed a "Movie Colony," then she is a stand-in for the lead in "The Ronald McDonald Story"
- The Sacramento Bee always gives the best blurb: "Love and hate? ... you don't say!"
Best things about this back cover:
- "A story of people who hate themselves and bore themselves" - hey, it's about grad school!
- Ah, the Loser Hug (the head-to-breast kneel-hug performed by loser man on girl who is too good / hot for him). Here's another version (same publisher, interestingly)
- "I can't hear your heart!" / "Uh, that's my spleen."
- "Aw, gee, why won't the hot naked blond lady look at me? Can't she feel my raw, nervous power?"
She was sitting on the edge of the green garden couch and she looked up at him with a dumb, savage helplessness that excited him brutally.