Title: The Jagged Orbit
Author: John Brunner
Cover artist: Uncredited
Best things about this cover:
- Gotta love the olde-timey computer script: "Do Not Fold, Spindle, or Mutilate ... The Jagged Orbit!"
- In the future, the universe will be run by giant, anthropomorphic gumball creatures.
- If this cover, and the endorsement from Philip K. Dick, don't make you realize that everyone in 1969 was high, then I hereby offer Exhibit B...
Best things about this back cover:
- I love how "this world of ours" (circa 1969) sounds just like "this world of ours" (circa 2008).
- Thomas Disch gives us a good example of why more people don't write blurbs in the middle of acid trips. "The styling is now" is something we should all start saying. That, or "Eat it!"