Title: The Luciano Story
Author: Sid Feder and Joachim Joesten
Cover artist: N/A
Best things about this cover:
- "Ripped from the headlines ... literally! Ripped! Look at the jagged edges!"
- Extra! Extra! Extra!, this cover blows.
Best things about this back cover:
- Now we're talking: "Hi, I'm Lucky. I like booze. And cigarettes. And probably dames."
- "Underworld Overlord" - looks like some copywriter is bucking for a promotion!
- "In breezy journalese..." - I didn't know "journalese" could be "breezy." Does the Buffalo Courier-Express know that "journalese" is characterized by (and I quote) "clichés, sensationalism, and triteness of thought"?
- Speaking of "hack" writing, I dare you to "hack" your way through that first sentence. I mean, just try saying it out loud and see if you have any @#$#-ing idea what the author is trying to say.