Title: A Race of Rebels
Author: Andrew Tully
Cover artist: Mitchell Hooks
Yours For: $8 (SOLD - 4/18/08)
Best things about this cover:
- She has the most orgasmic mouth in (non-porn) paperback history; that, or she is singing.
- Some blurbs are prescient - others ... not so much. "Good as Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms" must surely have been the last think Robert Ruark ever said as a literary critic, or generally credible human being.
- "A Race of Rebels" - Which race? "You know ... brown folks ... live where it's hot ... always getting riled up and killing people ... that race!"
- I like how the rebels are basically ornamentation for our giant, white-hot white couple.
Orgasm Mouth: "Honey, we're surrounded by a race of rebels. I'm scared."I'm telling you, Nothing on the front or back cover tells you much of anything about where these so-called "rebels" are rebelling. Palm trees suggest the tropics. Maybe Central America. It's like the publishers don't want you to know? I mean ... check out the ambiguity on the back cover copy. It's like Location: Exotic!
Burt Lancaster: "It's OK, we're like giant white gods to them - shut up and kiss me!"
- Again, I have to ask: Where Are We?* It's like the publishers know Americans hate politics and can't find countries on maps anyway. Apparently, all the reader wants to know is: will it be "frank"? (where "frank" = "loin-stirring")
- "Frank, blunt, toughly tender" = that's what she said