Saturday, November 24, 2007

Paperback 47: Bantam 405

Paperback 47: Bantam 405 (1st ptg, 1948)

Title: The Hucksters
Author: Frederic Wakeman
Cover artist: Bernard D'Andrea


Best things about this cover:

  • The Mysterious Hand of ... The Black Man
  • "Uh ... Honey, did you order room service? You know how I hate being bothered when I'm doing my Word Finds!"
  • "Don't look at me. I'm just harmlessly playing with this surreal toaster/radio while trying to keep my robe shut, even though it appears I am ogling the handsome porter who has just entered our doorway."

This cover is a miniature allegory of post-war race relations in America.

RP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the back cover torn off?

Michael5000 said...

This cover is a miniature allegory of post-war race relations in America.

Ha! Ha! Ha!