Title: The Private Life of Helen of Troy
Author: John Erskine
Cover artist: Unknown :(
Yours for: $8
Best things about this cover:
- This is one of the worst cover paintings - in terms of pure artistic quality - that I've ever seen. Mucky, awkward, poor in detail. Just a mess. And yet...
- Nice rack. Seriously. Her bangs are terrible, but her boobs ... are not. There is another, earlier version of this same book (which I own) that is famous for its "nipple cover" - but you'll have to wait for that one.
- If the background is to be believed, Troy was destroyed by a nuclear holocaust of some kind
- This is a wraparound cover, where the painting continues onto the spine and then the back of the book...
Best thing about this back cover:
- First word: GAY!
- Boats make every cover better
- If I'm counting correctly, there are a total of 4 Helens on this book's front and back covers. That is almost certainly a record for appearances of one character on a single cover